Saturday 6 September 2014

Mirror






I see someone staring back at me

face weathered by life's tumultuous turns.

Ancient visage of promise devoured,

riven with fissures torn deep with haunted memory.

A mirrored Golem that resembles me

eternally shrouded by the silvered glare.



I find my eyes tethered amidst the maelstroms stare.

As my Basilisk gaze gathers intensity,

held by that unknown grasp.

Contorted blemishes distort the silent image,

creating a morass of swirling Rorschach hieroglyphs.



Pleading eyes devoid of hope return my gaze

past life scoured of emotion

 by the wanton carnage

of disparate circumstances subtle corruption.

Gloating at my existence.



Fleeting reflected spectral forms,

scatter across the inverted portal.

Gathering within my reflected sorrow

a choir of sorrow raising song,

dispensing melancholic platitudes.



To taunt

To chide

To drive

the mire of my despair

into this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment